Thursday, June 18, 2009

yegam

I saw that a lot of people refer to this song as 'premonition' and things like that, but I'm not going to just because I like the sound of the word. (besides, 'premonition' sounds like the title of a horror movie or something. it probably is too, but I'm not interested in horror movies enough to know about that), anyways. Posting because of the Mt. Geumgang thing in come to play (sorry, this is the only thing that comes to mind when north korea is mentioned xD).

This video scares me. A lot. Why? Because it's so /quiet/. Of course that would be because it was North Korea, but Sechs Kies without fangirls makes no sense. Aside from that, yegam in itself makes me think (every single time I listen to it...and every day I listen to my entire soundtrack like ten times through) about how awesome you have to be to be able to stick such an awesome dance to such a not-danceish song. But the fact is that with 6kies, you can't even tell that it's not a dance song because they make it blend so well together. Sigh. I love them so much :)


I don't normally post non-6kies related things, but I realised today is Paul McCartney's birthday. Happy birthday to the macca, and long live the Beatles. For me, the Beatles are beyond what I could be a 'fangirl' of - they are true, timeless musicians that I have always respected, and will continue to respect. I just don't compare Sechs Kies to them because the Beatles take up a different space in my heart - they are just musicians that I look up to and respect. Anyways. Happy birthday to Paul McCartney (is he 67? I've lost count, but I think he was 64 in 2006).

4 comments:

  1. hey i hope u dun mind im commenting here :)

    I rem in the CTP old idol where ockjuhyun mention that they are all afraid to say the wrong thing due to their passport been confiscated i guess this must be that event she referring to.

    The silentness during the yegam perf in N.K is seriously scary notice how sunghoon seem to be way out of the dance formation at the end?i guess even sunghoon seem kinda afraid to perform :)

    And yea the Beatles is one of the great legendary musician =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah lol there are a lot of things out of place. I'm pretty sure this was what ock juhyun was talking about - I haven't watched that particular ctp episode and I have no interest whatsoever in anything ock juhyun says -_-; so yeah. Maybe this is it? Idunno.
    lol just the /atmosphere/ of this performance scares me. There are a lot of crooked things with this clip if you watch carefully :P but sunghoon keeps smiling bwahahahah xD
    anyways, thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Paul! ;)
    I luv luv the Beatles. i luv their early songs and their songs throughout. i also luv sgt peppers lonely heart club! (i never knew they formed another type of band before i took the pop culture class) like 'when im 64' and so on. (actually when im 64 is one of fave beatles songs)

    ok back to 6kies! That Yegam perf in N Korea is kinda scary isn't it. But look at sunghoon and his usual way of smirks/smiles during the stage perf. awwe. I juz luv him the way he smiles. oh and i really had a tough time translating Yegam into an ENG title. cuz i'd thought abt premonition or presentiment, but both have negative meanings right but the song is abt happy future predicting thing. sigh. so i've decided to call it envision, but not 100% satisfied. =( Yegam is juz yegam isn't it. lols the meaning does change when it is translated

    ReplyDelete
  4. izzru: The Beatles just rock. I remember in '06 Paul was going through a divorce with that Heather Mills woman (who I had no problem with at first, but she's a fake and you can tell) and he was 64 then. So yeah, I remember that. When I'm 64 and In My Life both have similar lyrics to Yegam in a way (my habit of relating everything with everything else...whatever). SPLHCB was a concept of theirs I guess. I love the 60s and I love the Beatles.

    ReplyDelete