Saturday, June 27, 2009

qotd: what's on your playlist?

I change my playlist once a week, so I only have like 15 songs on my cellphone at a time. I recently bought a 2gb storage thing for my phone, but it seems useless because I just get rid of songs after a week. It's not that I get sick of them - it's just that I listen to my songs repeatedly so many times that after a week I just want to change everything. So for this week:
1. Let it Go (Fresh Boyz ft. Eunjiwon)
2. Things to go through in love (Kang Sung Hoon)
3. 참좋겠어요 (Jwalk) -how do you translate this?
4. 21c Our Love Story (Jwalk)
5. Kill Me (Eun Ji Won ft. Gilmi)
6. Smile Again (Sechs Kies)
7. Prayer (Sechs Kies)
8. This Love (Big Bang)
9. This Love (Maroon Five)

I have some other songs as well, but these are the ones I've been listening to repeatedly this week. It's been a while since I've had Smile Again on here, but I thought about how the lyrics seem so...so /right/. If Sechs Kies ever reunited (if. if only. then I really wouldn't care /what/ they sang. I wouldn't even care if they decided to wear hanbok and sing Arirang, for godsake) and yes, that's just a thought I have in a corner of my head, even knowing that it's just a waste of my time - but anyways, if they ever did, then that's the song I'd want them to sing.

I don't normally put any non-6kies songs in there - other than the occasional Beatles song or otherwise, but I just felt like listening to This Love. I don't even like Kwon Jiyong - he's cheap and he stole someone else's name (>_< this feels extremely childish to say, but it's the truth) - but this is the one song of his that I'll listen to.

I've seen Maroon Five live - my friend used to call them Pink Four, but anyways, they weren't that bad. Their song lyrics just got stuck in your head and didn't leave for weeks at a time. Anyways, I saw them live at Canadian Idol nearly two years ago - I remember how I got tickets for sixty dollars on eBay because it was too hard to get them the right way (ie. through Ticketmaster) and never went again. I went then for Brian Melo - anyone know him? Yeah, I supported him a lot then. Went with Hamilton Loves Brian signs and he blew us a kiss during the break. And I used to lie down in bed and call for voting until voting ended, and it never went through because everyone was voting for him. That's not important, but anyways, he did become Canadian Idol that year. Isn't it time for Canadian Idol to start again this year? I don't even know who was out last year. Time goes so fast. Sigh.

Wait. I remember seeing on Wikipedia once that the 'kies' in sechs kies meant 'modification' and not 'crystal'. I was too lazy to mention/do anything about it at the time, but I went back on Wiki today and I can't find it. Anyone have any information? The 6Kies article has changed a little, I think, but I can't exactly tell what was changed - anyways.

curiousity has gotten the better of me. I must look this up.
Wait.
wtf?
Kies (der)
n. gravel, small stones and pebbles; grit, small rough granules or particles; pyrite, common sulfide mineral; money, currency


...
common sulfide mineral?
what the...?

2 comments:

  1. 'Kies' isnt exactly the crystal is it. LOL well i luv the way it sounds so im satisfied haha. during the Jekki times those anti pple used to call them six gravels. like six of the stones. too much of the amateurness!!


    My playlist now has only 배신감 and it's repeating over and ove again. its an usual habit of mine listening to one music that i like repetitively. (it's my habit for as long i can remember. i know it's quite weird lols)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL six gravels!!!!!!!!
    what's funnier is "six common sulfide minerals". xD it sounds all right, all is forgiven :D
    I have that habit as well. I just listen to the same thing over and over and over and over again. Even though my playlist is like that up there, I don't actually play it through that much - I just listen to whatever I feel like listening.

    ReplyDelete