Wednesday, July 8, 2009

mnet top 100 idols <3 our boys

OH MY GOSH

it's not deleted. (!!!!!)

I saw a clip from this tv special, but just the jw part, a while ago - and when I checked again recently I found out it was deleted. I don't know where this came from, but I really really really really wanted to see the rest of it. Actually the real story goes like this: I was with (of course, non-fan) friends when I was watching the end part of this, so all I saw was #25 eun jiwon, and that was all I could find on Youtube, but I knew the rest of them /were/ in there. What matters is that, yes, I finally found it!

yesterday I was doing something at my desk when someone passed by - I had my cellphone on the corner of the desk (yes, I use my cellphone as a paperholder or mp3 player most of the time. making phone calls/ text messages is just a minor function) and, passing by, the person picked my phone up, looking at it. She then proceeded to open it (or slide it, whatever phrase works).
other person: OH! you like ko jiyong??(note: at the time I had a jiyong mainscreen thing, but I changed it five times a day :P)
me: sure, a lot
other person: Oh yeah, I remember them. I used to like Ko Jiyong too - and I was okay with them, Sechs Kies...
me: *lauhgs* nice to hear
other person: I wonder what he's doing now. How old is he? He'd still be good looking, huh?

I often have these conversations with people. A lot of people ask me what Jiyong's up to (strangely. It's not just Jiyong that's 'missing', but a lot of people are curious about him anyways for some reason). And I just thought - many people, when talking to me about Sechs Kies, seem to feel some sort of a connection (?) with the past, and when they just pronounce those four syllables it sounds like the word hasn't been on their lips for a really long time. Sort of like how at the end of the first Narnia movie, Lucy Pevensie talks about the Lamp thing (anyone get it? lol) - and how it wasn't that they forgot, it was just that other things seemed more important and that was how nine years passed. And then when they think about it ('it' referring to jekki, or fangirlism, or anything), it seems like they're being reminded of something that was always there but just not anything to be concerned about.

Does this make any sense? Anyways. I don't really get it either. What's important, either way, is that Jekki is still in the hearts of a lot of people. That's always what it's like - when I'm listening to jekki songs and I share an earphone with someone else and they're like "OH! I know this!", or when they happen to see a jekki picture I have stamped anywhere (it's a hobby. don't ask :D). And then they seem to have this Hard to explain in words. But it's there.

반가움. This is the word I thought for a long time about. This expresses it all - but it's too hard to translate. "반가움 delight;joy;gladness" is what is says in the dictionary, but beyond that, it means - like the emotion you feel when you meet a friend from a long time ago. Like being reminded of something, or like meeting again with a part of what made you the person that you are. Anyways, just a thought.

I have these long thoughts and I like to organise them as much as possible - which results in a lot of rambling. Bear with me.

2 comments:

  1. it bugs me, though, how many times they put in the press conference clip. geez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea i remembered this! i was searching for jekki stuff when i wanted to get to knw more abt them and ironically this vid was the one that brought me to knw izzru as the account belong to her. im so surprised when i saw that ko jiyong was ranked 50th eventho he hadn been in the entertainment industry for so long(i wonder how does jiyong feel if he were to saw this mnet vid) :) im so sad tho that they didn put jaejin and jaeduk in the list, they shld have include them too :( and true they put in the press con clip way too many times >.<

    ReplyDelete