Monday, July 6, 2009

long post ahead :D

This keeps happening where I write a really long post and then it just gets deleted AHHHHHHHH I hate this thing. let me try to remember what I said the first time ;;

1. okay, fine. I like this song. Or at the very least, I have a spot in my heart for it. It was stuck in my head the past few days (I hadn't even listened to it recently. It was just in my head somewhere I guess, which makes me feel strangely guilty), and I saw Moon Heejun come back and saw him around on tv over the weekend (a lot. Seriously) - and btw, Jiwon, remind you of anything??? It feels...not right...to do so many non-jekki posts, so I found a compromise. I figured I needed to get this out of my head, but it just kept running circles and so I thought okay, fine. So. As a tribute to the HOT-Jekki connection and our wonderful days when this was possible, here you go.

2. Squeal!!! Eye contact!!! I love them all in this thing. Quality - sigh.

3. Isn't it scary how they all make other peoples' songs like their own? I've seen a lot of their cover acts, and it's all just amazing. They make the song theirs. Compared to today's artists covering their 90's seonbaes (especially Jekki), our boys just make everything theirs. Sigh, how could anyone /not/ love them? I can't stand what the kids today do to Jekki songs - especially SS501. Don't watch. They've done Pom Pom and Couple to my knowledge, and they butcher the song up. First, DSP is not something to be proud of. That is the only thing that SS501 and our boys will ever have in common, and it's not. something. to. be. proud. of. Also, if you're going to do a Jekki song, at least do it well? Maybe Jekki is a high standard, but I don't hold the same standards for covers anyways. Sigh. I also hate how people compare today's celebrities to the 90s idols,,,but I could talk forever about this. And I won't.

4. Random stuff, but my computer broke down again, and this time it wouldn't even turn on - so I replaced it, but it's not new, it's actually just an old one that was around the house. The problem is that what I had left of my Jekki media on that computer (because that was like the tenth time my C drive got bugged, and so whatever was left) I just had to say goodbye to. Which means my posts will forever depend on Youtube. The conditions for my life as a fan are just totally crappy (even in Korea), and this computer is just as unstable as the old one. Bear with me. On top of that, this computer (or is it the internet connection? I'll find out which, but it's almost ninety-nine percent the computer) has a hard time receiving foreign servers, or managing two different tasks at a time. What I do on the computer normally consists of three different tasks, two on foreign servers, so I'll have a hard time with this, but as long as I have a computer and an internet connection at all I'll keep doing this. I'll just have to learn patience, but if it's for my oppas it's all good :)

5. Anyone watch Gag Concert this week? Park Jisun's Couple parody. It wasn't funny or anything, but thanks Ms. Park for the mention anyways. Posting later. I had posted a translation of the part and all, but it got deleted, so since it's like this anyways I'll just post a better post on it later.

3 comments:

  1. Okay kate altho it was a long post but i absolutely love ur post!! sigh this really bring back memories those were the days when 2 of the top idol boyband are actually singin on the same stage together, its unbelieveably amazing! Well to be truth when i first watch this perf a few years back becoz of H.O.T i didn even realise at first that jekki was the one singing coz i swear it sounded nearly the same i thought they were juz lip-synching to H.O.T song until my sis told me, its astonishing that they did it very very well which suddenly hit me juz now when i watch this perf what if this song belong to them? haha ok i duno why i suddenly had weird idea ")

    i couldn agreed more with you esp on what the kids today are trying to do - i have watch the ss501 sang Pom Pom and couple and god it was nowhere close to jekki in fact i only watch it half way coz i cant bear to watch them tarnish the jekki quality no more..not that i hate ss501 but i think they are nowhere a successor to jekki legend and true i detest it the most when people juz simply compare today celebrities to the 90's idol, the current celeb are not even matchable to the 90's idol at all -.-

    oh i'll love to see that gag concert, wanna see how is the couple parody are like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jama!
    yeah :) I have no problem with the song, but when I listen to the original (as in HOT version) the voices seem so unfamiliar :P
    nothing will top jekki. this is a fact - no matter what happens, nothing will be able to take the place of jekki, ever - and it's just impossible to compare, because their conditions as celebrities are different to begin with.
    the parody - wasn't much, she just parodied the title of the song, just an ordinary pop culture reference - but I can't get the full gag concert thing anywhere. I'll look around a little more, but I doubt I'll be able to :( I'll get to it when I can, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ic i thought she was parodying to the couple song lol i once saw a gag perf show in youtube whereby they mention jekki name eventho i duno what they were talking abt but i juz grin widely the moment they were mentioning jekki name haha :D

    ReplyDelete